Isn’t nutrition confusing? No matter how much you think you know about nutrition, every year there seems to be another “you gotta try this” type of way to eat. Shouldn’t we know how to do this stuff by now? Many of my patients struggle year after year to truly understand what, when, how and why to eat certain foods to obtain the best nutrition.
With the media and maybe even your friends buzzing about “the latest diet” it can be really tough to know what’s what. It is especially important to understand nutrition during perimenopause and menopause when a women’s body undergoes one of the most stressful times of her entire life.
But what’s really at stake here? Being thin or being healthy? We examine these topics in this episode along with the following most popular diets today.
In this episode:
We dive into the pros and cons of each of the most popular diets today through the perspective of what is best for you during perimeopause and meopause:
- The Paleo Diet
- The Fat Flush Diet
- Weight Watchers
- Vegetarian Diet
- Whole 30 Diet
- The Menopause Diet – what is it exactly?
Money money money!
- Americans spend over $60,000,000,000 to lose weight, every year! That’s sixty billion dollars.
- The typical dieter makes 4 attempts per year to try and lose weight. That’s pretty dismal, because it means at least 3 diets fail.
- 80 percent of dieters undertake the mission on their own, while 20 percent join a paid weight loss group or see a health professional.
- Diet pills and meal replacement solutions are a $3 billion market.
Products in this Episode
The Menopause Diet, according the Rhonda, suggests 1 pound of vegetables per day. If you need a little help with that amount, this product may help make things a little easier!
Don’t miss it!
Check to see if Menopause University is currently OPEN and get more information. If we are currently closed, get your name on our list to be notified when we open the course.